Monday, September 19

reblogged from lissa,. from kait.. both girls are amazing, and i look up to them both soo much. 
personally though, i hate clicking links, ridiculous i know, but this post describes my feelings better than i ever could. so i brought it here.
but for your sake, check her out. and her blog. it's adorable. she's amazing. the end.
but for now, here's the post. (:


Megan's Guide to Men & Flowers: dang those butterflies

butterflitis (but-ter-fly-tis)The state in which emotions trigger disruption in the mind, heart and most commonly, tummy. Usually causes a shortness of breath, blushing and small (occasionally large) critters to fly furiously within the stomach uncontrollably.
important note* this can be triggered at any time--usually associated with a particular person One fancies.



I have been diagnosed. Those crazy occurrences that I sometimes feel when I see a certain smile or go on 'that special date'. I showed early signs of butterflitis when I was younger, however with age progression it has truly manifest itself in me. And it's getting worse. Not only has the magnitude of the so called 'butterflies' increased, but the triggers have broadened.

No longer does it take that person talking to me. No, not in the least. It has progressed to getting the butterflies when:
  • seeing them on the street/hall/in a picture (is that pathetic?)
  • hearing song lyrics...not only songs that we liked-but making songs fit to us. every.single.one.
  • seeing someone who looks/walks/speaks like them
  • phone calls/their ringtones/voicemails
  • emails or letters
  • basically any interaction
  • sappy movies that remind you of them
  • dreams/flashbacks/memories
  • the mention of their name.
all of them. cause the butterflies. to name a few.

Now before you think I'm this love sick sap who only indulges in eating chunky monkey ice cream and romance novels, think again. I'm not that girl. I'm the girl the girl who makes plans. I'm the girl who knows what she wants out of life, and craves soaking up everything. But somehow, even the strongest of us fall victim to this. I've learned not to hide it. I've also learned not to hide my guilty pleasure of The Notebook, but that book/movie deserves a chapter to itself.

But back to the subject:

Do not mistake these feelings for Love. Because Love can neither be explained nor defined for the general population. It is a personal experience to all that enter in. Butterflitis on it's own, is the initial feeling. The nervous, excited, uncontrollable signs of FUTURE feelings.

I say this, because not just anyone can trigger this feeling. Notice how I italicized and bolded that all pretty for you? It's because I'm serious. Ever been on the most perfectly planned date and didn't feel it? What about that guy/girl who seems perfect for you on paper but there just isn't SPARK? They lack the chemistry to set off YOUR butterflies. I've been in this situation time and time again...and then, there are the surprise attacks.

[beware: total cliche material coming up]

*when a stranger or even old friend starts to make you nervous (in a good way)
*The times where everything goes so wrong, but everything is so right
*the moment where you realize someone has the natural ability to make you smile
*or They hold you for 2 seconds longer, and it feels like the world has shifted

THOSE are the times you should be aware of the butterflies. And as much as i might think sometimes, it is not always nausea. (however, never underestimate the power of a good burrito) They are in fact the first sign something is there. The seeds that might, eventually, lead to love.  

*cue sappy yet sentimental love music*

So embrace the butterflies. They may be obnoxious, spontaneous, and sneaky little buggers, but they are also wonderful. Nothing beats the feeling of getting the butterflies when you are with a certain someone.

And the best part?

There is no known cure.

So grow old with this disease. Discover all the things that cause your butterflitis, whether it be subtle or full fledged, over a life time. Because I hope, honest to goodness, that I wake up an old woman and still gets those anxious/excited feelings every time I see my dashing gent. No doubt will the combination of butterflies with love be brilliant.

I've been diagnosed. What causes your Butterflitis?

3 comments: