Wednesday, June 20

we run. and run. and run.

once upon a while back. i had a realization.
gymn wouldn't be forcing me out of bed every morning in the summer.
and needed something to help me maintain an acceptable swimsuit body.

i tend to struggle with any sport involving a ball. (don't judge) and me trying to swim is a joke..
then there's cross country. which sounded crazy.
why in heck would i want to run. and run. and run and run some more?

although, i was somewhat capable of running. and i didn't despise it.
sure enough. june 11, 7:45am. i found myself at the track. ready to run.
and it managed to grow on me quickly.

i absolutely love the people. especially the girls i run with.
hah, and the rest of our team. such a random, quirky, unique group.
and chandler, our coach, one of the coolest, funniest guys ever.

i really do love running.
the feeling of accomplishment. when you reach the top of a hill. or at the end of a run. 
and in all of it's spontaneity. i love cross country. 
it's not gymnastics. not even close. but definitely, i like it.

(picture credit: nicole

as for today. we took our turn racing on the football teams bounce house. 

2 comments:

  1. I miss Cross Country soo very much.
    Chandler is absolute favortie.
    I was on the verge of tears reading this post. I miss it so much. Really was one of the best decisions of my life.
    I think that is a sign that I need to start XC again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha love it britt! it seems to be good times :)

    ReplyDelete