It's beautiful that a quote or scripture that stood out and you chose to write down just a day earlier could be exactly what you needed just twenty-four hours later.

I couldn't do it. I got short tempered, and everything had piled up way too high. Despite the good day and positive attitude, it all toppled over. I cried. Not even my scriptures felt right. I felt like I'd completely lost the connection I had with my Savior, and it was definitely trying my patience and faith as I prayed. I was relying on what I hoped remained true.
I gave everything as I prayed. I let it all out. it sparked my faith just enough, to remind me that through Him, I can and will do it. I'll succeed. I'll stay strong.
When He gave me back my favorite scripture, [3 Nephi 18:25] that I thought had nothing left to disect, 'Pray that you won't be tempted.' I knelt again, and suddenly things became okay.
Somewhere between where I knelt at my bed, head in my hands, tears streaming; to my floor, searching my scriptures with no success or comfort; to the sincere prayer that followed; and now here, crying into my journal, the smile returned onto my face, the hope, the peace, the connection with Christ, restored...
Somewhere along the way, I found peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment