it's been kinda super crazy around here lately. (hence the extreme lack of blogging.) somehow i survived.
and along the way, i'd say i've come up with some great tips for keeping up with life.
1. Keep your room clean.
If you know me, you know this typically isn't how it goes. [I'm definitely one of those try 200 things on in the morning until I feel great about what I'm wearing and meanwhile everything else remains on the floor, or bed, or chair, you get the point] but seriously, even when your life is hectic, and there's so much to be done, having a clean room makes you feel like you're on top of things. it eliminates stress, and let's you feel like you're still in charge, and your crazy life hasn't over-ruled you yet.
2. Drink lots of water.
I'm convinced that water is the key to a healthy life. When you're busy, you don't have time to be sick, or as much time to eat, [balanced meals] or for me, to workout. If you're drinking lots of water, it keeps you energized. Also, the main cause of headaches is dehydration, so drink water, avoid headaches. I'm not sure what else I have to say, it's like a miracle pill, just keep a water bottle with you, and drink it lots.
3. An Ultimate to do list.
It simply puts your life in to order. I like the one on my ipod, [reminders app] Make a huge list of everything that needs to be done. when you get home from school and don't know where to start, or you're doing nothing in class, and it's nagging at you because you know really there's tons you have to get done, just go to the list and pick something off of it. Once you mark it off, it disappears, and your list shrinks; at the end of the day you can see everything you got done that day. It makes you feel productive and motivates you to keep it up the next day.
4. Make good use of your time.
Usually I get around to doing my chemistry and calculus homework at 11:00 at night. (Probably procrastination) But still, first if you're taking calc next year. TAKE MATH LAB. It just makes your life a million times easier and it's definitely worth the space it takes up in your schedule. Get your calculus homework done then, and if you don't have time to finish it, use your night for sleep, and sacrifice 10 minutes of lunch to go finish it up. Or, do your chemistry during Gov&Cit because you never ever do anything during that class anyway. Rather than waste time there, and lose sleep at home. Mix the two, get the sleep, and be productive. [basically that said do your homework during other classes, or lunch when necessary]
5. Sleep in.
Learn to get ready for school in 10 minutes. It's a beautiful thing to accomplish really. Getting out of bed is rough. Walking up from the bottom of the drag is rough too. Sleep in, get ready fast, make it to school on time. Avoid attendance school, and it's all good.
6. Smile.
There's no reason you should have to be in a bad mood because you're busy. I'm happier when I'm busy, learn to love it. Embrace it. Things slow down eventually, and you know you're making the most out of your time.
7. Go to the temple.
Going to the temple once a week, honestly makes the impossible, possible. I used to do mornings, but that lack of sleep was eating away at my body, and it always made me feel sick at school. If you're doing alright on the sleep schedule, definitely do mornings. But Saturday afternoons are nice too. When you can go and not have to stress about anything, and stay as long as it takes, no rush. It's super nice, and you're blessed so much because of it.
8. Take deep breaths. Pray. and Read your scriptures.
Sometimes just stop. Lay on the ground. Take a couple deep breaths, sort things through in your head, and then get right back to doing what needs to be done. Make time to pray and read your scriptures every. single. night. Even if it's super late, it's the only way you'll ever survive life with a positive attitude. You'll be blessed more than you could ever imagine. Pray every night for what you truly need, with the Lord on your side you can truly make it through or accomplish anything.
I feel like that was the most.. 'useful for others' post I've ever done.
Maybe someone else enjoyed it, probably it's just for my own good. For next time I read back through my blog. (:
AMEN! Seriously all these things I was like "YES!" I try and do all these things you put (seriously, it's creepy how similar this was to what I do when I'm extra busy) and it helps so much. You rock!
ReplyDelete