Thursday, January 2

A Proper Farewell to 2013.

 I guess if for nothing else, I came back to at least do a years write up. It was a good year. A learning and growing year definitely. I'll save the lengthy reminiscent post for later considering I'm still recovering from the flu, which I rung in the new year with yesterday, and sleep is much needed right now. 

so for now, a quick review on 2013's goals will have to do.

1. Create- maybe not as much as I'd have liked, but I did create. a few more sketches and an art class again if nothing else. & of course many posters for student council.

2. Write- another definite success. Although it may not seem apparent from tracking this little blog, I finished off a journal and am almost a quarter of the way through a second. The writing may not be as pretty but it's raw, and for now, it's what I love.

3. Love- I definitely loved. so many different people in so many different ways. I realized just how much I loved my brother as I said goodbye to him for two years. I grew to love the Class of 2013. I caught at least a glimpse of love when an unexpected boy walked into my life for the end of junior year and the following summer. I loved my friends and classmates as we started our senior year together. and maybe most importantly, I've grown to love my family, and extended family especially, more than ever in my life this holiday season.

4. Grow- between struggling through the end of calculus and chemistry, running for President, saying goodbye to so many good friends as they left on missions, attending freedom academy, starting up my senior year as President, and being on cross country. I have grown.

5. Simplify- it wasn't something I did intentionally.. more like it was just a piece of life that clicked into place. I took a less demanding schedule and quit my job, I wanted to enjoy life again, before work is no longer optional. I spent more quality time with people, and also with my family. I had more time for me, whether that meant cleaning my room, reading books, or playing the piano. I realized that fashion and make-up are fun, but it's definitely alright to settle for simplicity. my wifi broke for a few months meaning no twitter, facebook, insta, any of that.. and it was completely refreshing.
I learned that a simple life is the happiest one.

6. Live- really, I just let life take me away, whichever path it was deciding. I did my best in everything, committed myself to the Lord, and let him be in charge. and I truly lived. I think it was a year of growing up, but I'm sure compared to this upcoming one that sentence will mean hardly anything. It was an easier year, or maybe I should say simpler, but still one of growth and learning. It was tons of fun, and so many memories were made, without a doubt, it was a good year.

Goodbye 2013, & Welcome 2014. 
...perhaps the most anticipated year of my entire life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment