It seems like so long ago that this was my little escape, the place where I didn't have to hold my heart back from overflowing.
Social media shifted, my heart grew a little too fond of my journal, life got busier than ever, and somehow this blog got set aside completely.
That's why I'm not sure how I found myself here again tonight.
Perhaps because I have to tell it all to someone, but ironic as it sounds, this seemingly forgotten blog seems to be the only thing that will keep all my secrets.
Really though, I think the thing that brought me here is you. In a weird sense we bonded through this little blog. In that space of time when high school took over and swept our lives in opposite directions, we were hardly acquaintances, and it was the girl who wrote this blog that you truly fell for. Of course I don't know completely, but what else did you have to hold on to? The girl at school was merely a face to accompany the words. You knew what was going on under the smiles, the ramblings on this blog, and you still seemed to care.
Luckily life wasn't going to settle for letting us part our ways, and we became good friends once again. I don't know why my heart was so stubbornly set to simply friends, and I'm not sure how you were so patient for so long. You hoped and waited for that little spark to one day rekindle, and I honestly thought it never would.
When people asked about you, I didn't hesitate to tell them you are without a doubt the most amazing kid I know, even if we didn't always talk, in my mind you were always one of my absolute best friends.
I'm not sure quite what it took for reality to hit me.
Sitting in that junior high English class a girl realized she was amidst one of the greatest humans she'd ever met, and those sparkling blue eyes definitely caught hers. It wasn't until years later that she realized those feelings never melted away, and there had been something there all along.
"A guy as great as him deserves someone who will feel the same way towards him Brit, he's finally moved on." and that best friend was right. He had completely moved on.
It took her heart a little too long to figure things out, and unfortunately the realization came at the most inconvenient time. Because sometimes you have to choose best friends over boys, and try to accept that your chance slipped away into a mere daydream.
Is it wrong to let fate take over and hope for the best?
Because it's eating away at me that it took my heart so long to catch up with yours, and now it's too late.
http://www.salon.com/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs/
ReplyDeleteNever doubt the reach your words can have on others in the world. Who would have though a very educated, atheist, feminist woman would be so impacted by mormon mom blogs. Don't be afraid to share your beliefs and make it clear where you stand. You never know who is watching. :) Hasten The Work. Tell the World how great it is to be a Mormon girl.