[an analysis/recording of the memory box] #novelpost
homecoming asking, corsage, and pictures: went with Jake Ivan, BYU for the day-date-way fun, savenger hunt, Luau for dinner, football group, dance super fun! Despicable me afterwards.
a to do list: from the day of the homecoming day, a super busy day with a XC race, the tailgate party, the game, and the movie party afterward. i happened to have my grandpa's minivan at the time.. because my car had been crashed into a parked car.
calendar pages from the beginning of the year. filled with work, cross country, and weekend hangouts.
a pay stub: because i worked at kneaders until March. it was a lovely job most of the time. just stressful trying to get time off.
Keven's response to Sadie's: i asked him last minute, and i'm so happy i ended up going with him. we carved pumpkins. went to pizza pie. and dressed up as ping pong players. planning was terribly stressful, we might've hated each other temporarily. our group was a little bit random, but fun nonetheless. we watched karate kid and i wanted to hold his hand.
Stake Youth Commitee agenda: being on it and becoming Co-Chairman.
Race tags/numbers: cross country runs, with rache, lins, nicole, & kyndal. running varsity. absolutely hating the actual races. taco amigo and liking that boy. The run up to the waterfall and pond with Taryn. Extra trail run.
outlets at Traverse blinker: finally being a part of black friday. it being extremely unsuccessful.
Ryan's response and the corsage: when I asked him Preference. once again extremely stressful planning, we went ice skating, to pizza factory, and had a real good time.
mini sparkling cider bottle: i swallowed a goldfish at Maddie's after her Christmas party.
student council pictures: being junior class officer was an absolute blast. we did some incredible things despite our unproductivity. i did lots of chemistry during B3.
memory card from New Years: I started 2013 off with a kiss.
A Valentine's Card: one because Keven is one of the greatest kids I've known. and the second from the roses Maddie gave me, because she's the sweetest best friend and this year without here wouldn't have been nearly as good.
A starburst wrapper and Corsage: from Jake Wilson asking me to sweethearts. our friendship from the beginning of 9th grade was finally rekindled and we're once again the best of friends. i like it.
Missionary Month tag: because i think missionary month is the worst, i will go on a mission though, and almost every single one of my guy friends now have their calls. wednesday nights were often spent at call openings.
Zion's trail map: from the trip we took before Aaron left on his mission. such an incredibly fun, rainy, muddy, vacation.
dog tag and zoo ticket: from the time I asked Brooks to Sweater Swing and it was the funnest date I'd ever been on. the zoo was incredible. he's great, and we played lots of frisby.
Zupas receipt: from the night of elections stomp. The night I became PG's student body president.
pink color swatches: impossibly attempting to match the color of the dress i was going to wear to prom. the one i really really really did not want to have to wear.
a fish bookmark: someone in Berrett's class gave it to me, and i told them it'd go in the memory box. probably mitch? It was the best class, and he told us the most inspiring stories.
Mr Viking program, and Miss PG ticket stub: because they were both incredible and hilarious.
mac lipstick box: i developed a lipstick obsession, Maddie and I would look for excuses to buy it.
'Maybe' sweet-tart hearts: the one from the night Jess and I sat in the Macey's parking lot all night long.. well actually that happened more than once.
new ipod pamphlet: i bought myself a pink ipod. and fell in love with it.
Tree pendant: from the necklace i wore almost every single day.
Super old giraffe sucker: just one of many gross things to be found in the back stu.co. room.
Sweet nails receipt: when Jess and I went super last minute to get acrylics for Prom. I loved them, and now currently am despising them.
Order of the Rose letter: because it's too sweet not to save.
Conference in General Program: I had seminary with Brother Whimpey and loved seminary 10,000x more than I ever have before. J-moe and I became good friends.
General Young Women Conference Ticket: i spent that whole day with Rachel McDonald, one of the best friends I could ever ask for. We've had soo many good times since 7th grade.
A note from Jess: because she is my absolute best friend and other half and that's all there is to it.
Peter Pan program: the night we went to the play when we could've been tumbling with Kolby and friends. but I think it all worked out right anyway.
Jazz Ticket: from the first and only Jazz game I've been to, (or atleast that i remember?) with Kev.
a calculus flashcard: because calculus made me cry so much, but i managed to get A's all year.
B98.7 Poster: from the crazy lady at the Spirit Bowl with Kinzie .Thee best spirit bowl ever.
Wristband from the Volleyball all Nighter: easily thee sickest event PG has ever thrown. SO FUN!
Kneaders receipt: from the morning following the VB tournament. Jess and I were awake for 25.5 hours. It was a new record and I still felt great. (then crashed and slept for 9 hours the next day)
Student Council Oath of Office Program: I was sworn into Presidency, my best friend secretary, other best friends Events and Archival Specialist, and my sister Soph. Class Officer.
the two-piece stuck together wummi-gum: one of thee funniest nights i can remember. Rache and Jess are great friends. we're probably the dumbest, yet i love them soo much. Mike was there too. He's great.
a note we wrote: the day after the first of three suicides, Syd's, the school that day was the most depressing atmosphere i've ever experienced.
Brendan's fake bill from Election Week: election week- 'nuff said. It was crazy, my gray team was absolutely incredible, we had the best times, our waffle and pizza party and skit practices, having to redo my completely glittered poster. hanging out on the football field instead of going to the stomp.
the red wrist-band: from a swing dancing date with Jake, Maddie, and Hayden. So much fun!
Iron Man ticket stub: from the first date with Ty. (:
Prom Corsage: Everything we went through planning Prom, and all of it working out SO well. Going with Tyler, absolutely no one I'd have rather gone with. The day date falling through, s'mores instead. Magleby's for dinner. 'Can I Have This Dance' theme song, and singing along. Watching High School Musical afterwards... all of it so extremely imperfectly perfect.
Ryan's response and the corsage: when I asked him Preference. once again extremely stressful planning, we went ice skating, to pizza factory, and had a real good time.
mini sparkling cider bottle: i swallowed a goldfish at Maddie's after her Christmas party.
student council pictures: being junior class officer was an absolute blast. we did some incredible things despite our unproductivity. i did lots of chemistry during B3.
memory card from New Years: I started 2013 off with a kiss.
A Valentine's Card: one because Keven is one of the greatest kids I've known. and the second from the roses Maddie gave me, because she's the sweetest best friend and this year without here wouldn't have been nearly as good.
A starburst wrapper and Corsage: from Jake Wilson asking me to sweethearts. our friendship from the beginning of 9th grade was finally rekindled and we're once again the best of friends. i like it.
Missionary Month tag: because i think missionary month is the worst, i will go on a mission though, and almost every single one of my guy friends now have their calls. wednesday nights were often spent at call openings.
Zion's trail map: from the trip we took before Aaron left on his mission. such an incredibly fun, rainy, muddy, vacation.
dog tag and zoo ticket: from the time I asked Brooks to Sweater Swing and it was the funnest date I'd ever been on. the zoo was incredible. he's great, and we played lots of frisby.
Zupas receipt: from the night of elections stomp. The night I became PG's student body president.
pink color swatches: impossibly attempting to match the color of the dress i was going to wear to prom. the one i really really really did not want to have to wear.
a fish bookmark: someone in Berrett's class gave it to me, and i told them it'd go in the memory box. probably mitch? It was the best class, and he told us the most inspiring stories.
Mr Viking program, and Miss PG ticket stub: because they were both incredible and hilarious.
mac lipstick box: i developed a lipstick obsession, Maddie and I would look for excuses to buy it.
'Maybe' sweet-tart hearts: the one from the night Jess and I sat in the Macey's parking lot all night long.. well actually that happened more than once.
new ipod pamphlet: i bought myself a pink ipod. and fell in love with it.
Tree pendant: from the necklace i wore almost every single day.
Super old giraffe sucker: just one of many gross things to be found in the back stu.co. room.
Sweet nails receipt: when Jess and I went super last minute to get acrylics for Prom. I loved them, and now currently am despising them.
Order of the Rose letter: because it's too sweet not to save.
Conference in General Program: I had seminary with Brother Whimpey and loved seminary 10,000x more than I ever have before. J-moe and I became good friends.
General Young Women Conference Ticket: i spent that whole day with Rachel McDonald, one of the best friends I could ever ask for. We've had soo many good times since 7th grade.
A note from Jess: because she is my absolute best friend and other half and that's all there is to it.
Peter Pan program: the night we went to the play when we could've been tumbling with Kolby and friends. but I think it all worked out right anyway.
Jazz Ticket: from the first and only Jazz game I've been to, (or atleast that i remember?) with Kev.
a calculus flashcard: because calculus made me cry so much, but i managed to get A's all year.
B98.7 Poster: from the crazy lady at the Spirit Bowl with Kinzie .Thee best spirit bowl ever.
Wristband from the Volleyball all Nighter: easily thee sickest event PG has ever thrown. SO FUN!
Kneaders receipt: from the morning following the VB tournament. Jess and I were awake for 25.5 hours. It was a new record and I still felt great. (then crashed and slept for 9 hours the next day)
Student Council Oath of Office Program: I was sworn into Presidency, my best friend secretary, other best friends Events and Archival Specialist, and my sister Soph. Class Officer.
the two-piece stuck together wummi-gum: one of thee funniest nights i can remember. Rache and Jess are great friends. we're probably the dumbest, yet i love them soo much. Mike was there too. He's great.
a note we wrote: the day after the first of three suicides, Syd's, the school that day was the most depressing atmosphere i've ever experienced.
Brendan's fake bill from Election Week: election week- 'nuff said. It was crazy, my gray team was absolutely incredible, we had the best times, our waffle and pizza party and skit practices, having to redo my completely glittered poster. hanging out on the football field instead of going to the stomp.
the red wrist-band: from a swing dancing date with Jake, Maddie, and Hayden. So much fun!
Iron Man ticket stub: from the first date with Ty. (:
Prom Corsage: Everything we went through planning Prom, and all of it working out SO well. Going with Tyler, absolutely no one I'd have rather gone with. The day date falling through, s'mores instead. Magleby's for dinner. 'Can I Have This Dance' theme song, and singing along. Watching High School Musical afterwards... all of it so extremely imperfectly perfect.
Other unmentioned Memories:
hiking timp. traumatizing car ride. almost hit a raccoon. napping at the saddle. and the top. and chilling at the lake forever. Early morning temple trips then switching to saturday afternoons. Movie Nights on the field. visiting Brighton with the boys. Scheel's. Aaron visitng from college for Sunday dinner. Math study sessions, LOTS of study sessions, @ Kristine's, Maddie's, or by myself. I was in charge of Red Ribbon Week; it was stressful, the assembly was incredible, everything went over super well. colored pant day. lots of procrastinated homework. away football games with council kids. lots of loud music during car rides. 5 guys for fries. 99 cent mozarella trips, often. fell in love with the "big-O" book. I met a boy at Dixie last summer and didn't quite forget about him. we finally hung out again in April. Halloween was uneventful and i don't even remember what i dressed up as. I fell in love with the song ck"now is the start". i went through a nice phase of not liking anyone, it ended in November. even that was just short and typical. i went skiing at Brighton, maybe not as often as i'd like though. With Kolby, Cody, Ryan, and Brady, Spencer, Hayden, Taylor, Rachel, and Madd. We sat in the lodge when we got cold, and our lunch times were a little shorter this year. Also went spring skiing with Logan, Kev, and Rache, at Alta, and it was great. We planned Save Ferris, it was an incredible success. I went with Kev, and had such a good time. we went sledding at Beans cabin, and it was an adventure. Megan and I bonded. Sending my brother and best friend off on his mission. The whole family was in tears at the MTC. The pottery sale at school, and Angel Tree all night long. Basketball games and the 6th men. I became friends with the boys. they played twister and i haven't laughed that hard since. I knew at that point i loved them and we quickly became good friends.Bryce and I had nice phone chats. annd well, Ry treated me like one of the guys. Coulson made me laugh so hard in math lab. Constant teasing with Mike, Ben, Dallin, and Jake. Became friends with Mal. Painting the mural with Katie, Noah and Zoe. and the other extras: Hailey, Kyler, Caleb, Josh, Kev. one of the highlights of the year. Rec basketball games saturday's in the winter. Too many times spent at McDonalds. Rec Baseball games constantly in the Spring. Becoming friends with Savannah, the sweetest girl ever. Somehow always ending up at Wendy's. 50 cent slurpees and not becoming a true viking. So many nights spent at Bryce's house- spaz, basketball, chatting, pepperoni cactus', static babies. I slept through first period fairly often, but only had to go to one attendance school. I spent lots of time in Kori Thomas' office for anything stuco related. A final sleepover for Maddie, Beth and Nicole's birthday. The Lucky One and Pitch Perfect with Jess. Grilled Cheese every single day after school. Sonic trips and redbox nights with Jess. Her moving to Lehi. Sitting at 'the loser table' (they're definitely not losers) Spanish with Kolby, Brady, Kaden and Beth; Coach Hamilton and his rants. Snow the crazy lady, even though i do love her, couldn't be happier than to be done with chemistry. Crashing our sisters soccer party at Maddies' house. serendipity. Took the AP calculus test and 'killed the beast'. Took the ACT for the first time. had some real good times in student council- poster making, setting up the Christmas tree, the box of oranges, Reeves and his karaoke, becoming such good friends with Paige and Lex. Stu.co backroom chats. The banquet at Brick Oven. Penny Wars, and fundraising for Nami; we raised $44,000. Yearbook signing party and people writing the sweetest things. I came home and cried because I'm going to miss the seniors so so much. Graduation, my yellow dress, and endless pictures. Being a Viking, and having soo much school Pride. Our school being ranked 2nd in the state. Lighting the G with the new Student Council which was an absolute blast, the football field after with Madcon and Jenn; I suppose we could call that the beginning of summer, and the end of Junior Year.
I had thee greatest times, thee greatest friends, I was happy, and I grew, smarter, stronger, better, it was potentially the best school year thus far, and honestly I couldn't ask for anything more. (:
I had thee greatest times, thee greatest friends, I was happy, and I grew, smarter, stronger, better, it was potentially the best school year thus far, and honestly I couldn't ask for anything more. (:

I love how well you remember the school year and all the memories you hold. You are an amazing girl! And who was that kiss from?!? And the Ty kid? He sounds special:) Thanks for being a great example!
ReplyDelete